This product was costly in contrast to the market price, but we wanted the core game to be available in Norway! So we had to price this higher than the market price, we hope you understand - Martin
During the medieval goings-on around Orleans, you must assemble a following of farmers, merchants, knights, monks, etc. to gain supremacy through trade, construction and science in medieval France.
In Orléans, you will recruit followers and put them to work to make use of their abilities. Farmers and Boatmen supply you with money and goods; Knights expand your scope of action and secure your mercantile expeditions; Craftsmen build trading stations and tools to facilitate work; Scholars make progress in science; Traders open up new locations for you to use your followers; and last but not least, it cannot hurt to get active in monasteries since with Monks on your side you are much less likely to fall prey to fate.
You will always want to take more actions than possible, and there are many paths to victory. The challenge is to combine all elements as best as possible with regard to your strategy.
Orléans: Invasion, the first large expansion for the award-winning game "Orléans", contains six scenarios designed by Reiner Stockhausen and Inka & Markus Brand. It also includes a new set of Place Tiles that can be used with or without any of the scenarios.
The new scenarios are:
- Prosperity: An extensive scenario introducing new Events and a Carpenter that all players may use to build Structures for victory points, designed by Inka and Markus Brand.
- Invasion: A cooperative scenario in which players have to work together to fend off an invasion while fulfilling personal objectives, designed by Inka and Markus Brand.
- The Duel: A two-player scenario in which both players race to be the first to complete a series of objectives, designed by Reiner Stockhausen.
In addition, Invasion contains three single-player challenges by Reiner Stockhausen.
- The Dignitary: You are an important dignitary trying to gather as many Citizens as possible.
- Capital Vierzon: Develop the city of Vierzon to become the capital of its region.
- Traveling Salesman: Travel through the country and make important deliveries to faraway cities.
Orléans: Trade & Intrigue is the second large expansion for the award-winning game Orléans.
This expansion adds new place tiles and four new modules:
- Orders: a new set of cards, each depicting goods and a city - collect the goods and turn them in at the city for victory points
- New Events: a completely new set of 34 Hour Glass Tiles from which 18 are semi-randomly chosen for each game
- New Beneficial Deeds: a replacement Beneficial Deeds board providing completely new rewards for sending away your Followers
- Intrigue: a replacement Beneficial Deeds board allowing you to attack and hinder your opponents or even steal from them